This is a working camera that lives in a pop-up book.
The book concisely explains—while actively demonstrating—how a structure as humble as a folded piece of paper can tap into the intrinsic properties of light to produce a photograph.
The book includes:
- a piece of paper folded into a working 4x5" camera
- A lightproof bag
- 5 sheets of photo-paper "film"
- Development instructions (use household ingredients or photo chemicals)
- A satisfying demonstration of the connection between design & science / structure & function
- A companion lightmeter app for iPhone (but any light meter will do if set to ISO 10 and f/228)